Ravishing Canada Road Trips
So your are the independent sort. You like to be in control of your own time-table. You like to follow your impulses if there is something that sparks your curiosity, or to be able to listen to insider knowledge and take a tip from a local person with whom you get into conversation. You want to drive a car or an RV (Recreational Vehicle - American for motor-home or camper-van) and explore as you go.
There is no better place to do this than Canada! The roads are good and well-maintained and the traffic is not excessive. There are lovely hotels all over and excellent camp sites. The local people are welcoming, helpful and friendly. Whether you want to do your own thing entirely or whether you want to follow an itinerary with pre-booked hotels or camp sites along the way ,and lots of information on things to do, we can suggest an itinerary or work with you and our partners to produce a tailor-made one for you..
Why not let us help you take the guess-work out of your planning, and contribute our experience and the experience of our many partners to help you plan the perfect holiday. That way you have the enjoyment of the holiday without the anxiety of being unsure how it is all going to work out.
Contact us today for an informal chat to find out how we can help, and get the planning underway!
Or connect with us on WhatsApp
Ravishing Road Trip Options In Canada
The beauty of a road trip is that it can be tailored exactly to your needs. It can be three days or 30 days. You can drive every day or you can have lots of rest days. You can do long day drives or short ones, and you can do it wherever you like.
What's more, you can choose to stay in the most luxurious accommodation, in comfortable three star hotels or in campsites.
There is no Canadian region for which we cannot put together this sort of trip (though there are some areas that are not accessible to road vehicles), and most of the experiences that you might want to enjoy in Canada can be incorporated into your trip.
- book your air tickets
- arrange your car from the airport, or if you prefer, book your first night in a hotel with a transfer, and have the car delivered to you the next day
- book your accommodation for each night along the route
- book activities or entrance tickets for things you want to do along the route
- provide you with maps and information to help you along the way.
Often road trips are combined with train trips or with cruises.
There are many wonderful camp sites, so another good way to do this is in a motor-home or camper-van for which, again, we would arrange the vehicle and each night's camping along the route.
Set out below is just one example of how such a road trip might look in British Columbia.
14 Days Calgary to Vancouver
- Day 1 - arrive in Calgary and drive 75 miles to Banf
- Day 2 - exploring Banff with opportunities for wildlife viewing, hiking, kayaking, taking the gondola to the top of the mountain and more
- Day 3 - Banff to Jasper via the Bow River, Johnston Canyon, Lake Louise, the Columbia Icefield and the Athabasca Glacier (185 miles)
- Day 4 - exploring Jasper with more wildlife viewing, hiking, kayaking and site-seeing opportunities, as well as rafting and hot-springs
- Day 5 - Jasper to Clearwater through breathtaking scenery (195 miles)
- Day 6 - Clearwater to Whistler through the area of the Canadian gold rush with many opportunities to learn about this period (265 miles)
- Day 7 - exploring Whistler, one of the best known ski towns in north America, with two mountains (Whistler and Blackcomb), stunning gondola rides, great hiking and water sport opportunities
- Day 8 - take the famous Sea to Sky Highway to Horseshoe Bay and then take the ferry to Vancouver Island (70 miles plus ferry)
- Day 9 - Parksville to Victoria, via the art community of Chemainus, Duncan, the 'City of Totems' and the B C Forest Discovery Centre
- Day 10 - exploring Victoria, with any number of things to do and see. This is a fantastic place for whale watching trips. Or you could spend most of the day in th the Butchart Gardens
- Day 11 - Take the 90 minute ferry trip through the Gulf Islands across the Strait of Georgia to Vancouver (45 miles plus ferry)
- Days 12 & 13 - exploring Vancouver.
- Day 14 - return home.
If you know where you want to go and what you want to see, talk to us about finding a pre-planned itinerary or designing one specially for you. Or browse our pages on the different Canadian Regions or on the other Canadian Experiences and put together a wish list. We can plan the trip to whatever detail you like, working it all out in advance, or leaving it for you to work out as you go along. Many of the activities and excursions we can pre-book if you prefer it that way. Whatever happens, the tour operator we book through will have resources to help you if anything goes wrong during your trip, and we are always available for you on the telephone until you get home.
Get in touch today for a chat about your epic road trip to ravishing Canada!
Or connect with us on WhatsApp