Dazzling Zanzibar Holidays
Zanzibar is an absolutely idyllic place for a holiday!
Whatever you're looking for
- a beach resort with gorgeous turquoise water, white beaches, kids clubs and lots of choice of things to do,
- a villa for your family and friends set within a fully serviced beach resort,
- an all inclusive package holiday to lie on the beach, do some snorkelling or diving and just relax,
- a romantic private island connected to the world by a traditional dhow with miles of beach to yourself and your significant other,
- a stay in or visit to the heart of historic Stone Town, with beautiful old buildings, the ubiquitous smell of spices, narrow winding streets and superb restaurants.
Zanzibar is truly a superb Indian Ocean island destination! And it is so easy to combine it with a stunning safari or even an epic Kilimanjaro hike.
Whether it's history or beaches you're looking for, whether it's your honeymoon or a family holiday, we can organise you the best Zanzibar holiday at the best price, with flexible booking and ABTA and ATOL protection!
Enquire now and we will get back to you for a no obligation chat to start putting together a dazzling Zanzibar holiday for you!
Dazzling Zanzibar Holiday Options
There is a fantastic range of dazzling holiday options on the Zanzibar archipelago. The main island, usually called Zanzibar, is known to the locals as Unguja.
Zanzibar was an important trading kingdom on the East African coast as far back as the 13th century. The capital of this ancient city-state was Stone Town. Most of the buildings there now date back to the 19th century. They are arranged in a higgeldy piggledy maze of small alleyways filled with tiny bazaars, boutiques and excellent Zanzibari restaurants. There are spice markets and fish markets and street vendors selling delicious barbecued seafood.
There are also interesting and impressive museums.
Among the old buildings with massively ornate carved doors are some quite extraordinary and wonderful guest houses and hotels. This is an experience of a different world and one that it is well worth taking a day or two to enjoy.
All around the the island of Unguja, which is dotted with spice farms growing vanilla, pepper, cloves and cinnamon, are beautiful white beaches, with hotels and resorts of all sorts. Some of the best places are:
- Numgwi, at the very northern tip of the island has incomparable beaches
- Matemwe on the north east coast
- Bwejuu on the east coast
- Jambiani on the south east coast.
Every type of holiday option is available, including snorkelling, diving, wind surfing, kite surfing ....
There are hotels that offer special activities for children.
It is a fantastic place for weddings and honeymoons!
For holidays on Unguja Island:
Smaller than Unguja, hillier, greener, and even more full of spices, Pemba is a gem! It is much less often visited than Unguja and also has fantastic beaches all round.
With incredibly clean and clear water, it has some of the best diving in te Indian Ocean, as well as all the other water sports.
Like Unguja, it has a great range of places to stay, including some truly exceptional hotels and resorts.
Further south, opposite the delta of the Rufiji River is the island of Mafia. Because of the fertile water from the Rufiji Delta the marine life in this area is particularly diverse and prolific and the diving is some of the best in the world.
there are a number of private islands, including
- Chumbe island, which is accessible for day trips, though it has only one small eco-lodge. It has superb snorkeling and crabs big enough to crack open coconuts with their pincers!
- Mnemba Island, an extremely exclusive luxury resort off the north east coast of Unguja
- Chapwani Private island north west of Unguja
- Thanda Island north west of Mafia.
Whether you want to swim with whale sharks, see the endangered red Colobus monkey, be amazed by cocunut crabs, revel in the culture and history of Stone Town, get some of the best diving or snorkelling in the world, or just kick back and relax on a beautiful beach, we can advise you where to go and arrange the most dazzling holiday for you.
If you are looking for a place for your wedding or honeymoon, you could not do better.
And of course, if you want to mix any or all of this with a stunning safari, we can arrange that too!.
Whatever we plan for you, it will be with the best, most responsible operators, lodges or hotels and at the best price, and it will be ABTA and ATOL protected.
Enquire today and let us get started on putting your incredible holiday together for you!