Brilliant beach Holidays in Durban & the South Coast
The major port city of Durban, the commercial hub of KwaZulu Natal is blessed with a long line of sandy beaches that stretch all the way from the entrance to the harbour to the mouth of the Umgeni River.
Every year tens of thousands of people from the major centres of Johannesburg and Pretoria make their way to Durban or to one of the towns down the South Coast towards the Eastern Cape for their own beach holidays.
These areas offer warm water most of the year round, sandy beaches and great value for money accommodation options.
Whether you are planning this as a stand alone beach holiday or as one of the many things to do in a holiday in KwaZulu Natal, there are plenty of options for a great beach holiday in Durban or the South Coast.
If you are considering a brilliant beach holiday in Durban or on the South Coast contact us to make it happen!
Brilliant Options for Durban & South Coast Beach Holidays
Known as the 'Golden Mile', the line of beaches between Durban city and the Indian Ocean give a huge amount of pleasure to bathers every year. With warm water and good surf this is a great place for a very urban beach experience. There are also many other attractions along this stretch of beach.
The stretch of coastline from Durban southwards to the border with the Eastern Cape contains a string of coastal towns, many with reminiscent names and most with beaches, some of them outstanding.
There are too many to mention them all, but some of the best are ...
- Scottburgh has a wonderful swimming beach at the mouth of the Mpanbanyoni River, with convenient lawns stretching down to the top of the sandy beach.
- Kelso is a secluded beach less likely to be crowded.
- Our favourite is Umzumbe, which has coveted Blue Flag status.
- Another secluded option is Trafalgar beach close to the southern end of this strip.
- One of the bigger towns in the area is Margate, for years a favourite destination of South African holidaymakers. As you would expect it has a great beach.
- Ramsgate has a Blue Flag beach and a beautiful lagoon.
With excellent transport links through the King Shaka International Airport in Durban and lots of other activities in KwaZulu Natal to link up with there are great options here, some of them offering extraordinary value for money.
To talk with us about a beach holiday in Durban or on the South Coast contact us today!