Spectacular South African Holidays
Have you always wanted to do
- an amazing safari in the African bush
- a luxury train trip accross the extraordinary South African countryside
- a wine tasting and wine buying holiday among some of the worlds best and most beautiful vineyards?
Or perhaps you want to see
- the home of Nelson Mandela,
- the Springbok Rugby Team or the Proteas Cricket Team,
- or the Cradle of Humankind?
Anyone who’s ever been to Cape Town will tell you how wonderful it is!
With more than 50 years of experience of living and working in South Africa we know all the most exciting and the most beautiful places to go. We know the best and safest ways to get you there.
Whether you are looking for
- a sellf drive tour
- a family holiday
- a romantic honeymoon, or even a place for your wedding;
Whether you want to go to:
we will tailor make a holiday experience based on what you want to see and what you love to do and we will put it together in a UK contract with full ABTA and ATOL protection.
Give us a call or fill in the contact form to start planning your South African holiday!
Captivating Cape Town, Wonderful Wildlife And Much, Much More!
Everyone knows about and wants to go to Cape Town, one of the world’s most popular and sought-after destinations, but there is soooo much more!
South Africa is extraordinarily ecologically diverse, from the fynbos in the Western Cape to the bushveld in the far north, with the Kalahari Desert in the west and the thicket biomes in the east. Every part has a wealth of plants, animals and birds. Whether you want to see the Big 5 (who doesn't?) or have a special interest in the birds of a particular area we can arrange a safari for you. It could be a birding safari, a photographic safari or a game watching safari. There is a network of national and provincial parks and a huge selection of private nature reserves to suit every type of holiday, every specialist interest, and every budget!
World’s Finest Wines
Some of the world’s finest wines are produced in centuries old iconic wine cellars and in innovative new boutique wineries along the Cape Wine Routes. Many offer tastings where you can buy superb wines at cellar door prices and have them shipped home for you. Oh, and by the way, what many critics would say is the world’s best restaurant is to be found on the West Coast outside Cape Town!
Safe and Family Friendly Beaches
From Cape Town’s famous beaches, all the way along the Garden Route past Hermanus, Wilderness, Buffalo Bay, Plettenberg Bay, St Brancis Bay and Jeffreys Bay to Port Elizabeth there are magical beaches all the way. And that is only the beginning!. East London, the Wild Coast, the south and north coasts of KwaZulu Natal - they all have beautiful beaches. Right up to the border with Mozanbique which is marked by the lovely Kosi River Mouth. If you're up for cold water there are beaches on the West coast too!
There are 8 Unesco World Heritage Sites in South Africa:
iSimangaliso Wetland Park, a wonderful natural landscape where safari meets beach in KwaZulu Natal. This is a special place for birding.
Robben Island, the prison island on which Nelson Mandela spent most of his 27 years in prison, off the coast of Cape Town.
The Cradle of Humankind, a fascnating archeological site outside Johannesburg, and one of the sites of major historical and cultural interest there.
uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park, the magically beautiful mountain area that is particularly good for active adventure holidays in KwaZulu Natal
Mapungubwe Cultural Landscape, the site of a third century kingdom, now a game reseve and national park at the place where South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana meet.
The Cape Floral Kingdom, known as fynbos, the most diverse biome in the world (they like to say that there are more plant species on Table Mountain than in the whole of the United Kingdom). This is found all round Cape Town and on much of the Garden Route and is protected in many national and provincial parks. It is also exceptionally productive for birding.
The Vredefort Dome the site where a meteroite colided with the earth two million years ago.
The Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape, on the border between South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. This very remote desert region is the site of a national park and great for intrepid explorers and birders looking for a unique place.
There is a vast variety of extraordinary landscapes from wide open semi-desert areas, to rain forests and towering mountains.
- The Kalahari and the Karoo provide vast open vistas.
- In contrast there are spectacular canyons like the lush green Blyde River Canyon in the northern Drakensberg range, near the Kruger National Park, and the dry Fish River Canyon in the Northern Cape, a great place for hiking.
- There are many beautiful mountain ragnes, including the Drakensberg Mountains which stretch from the Eastern Cape through KwaZulu Natal to Limpopo, the Magaliesberg outside Pretoria, the Tsitsikammas, the Outeniquas and the Swartberg on the Garden Route, the Cedarberg, Winterberg and Drakenstein mountans in the Western Cape. Not to forget the Cape Peninsula mountain range with Table Mountain, Devil's Peak, the twelve Apostles and Constantiaberg.
- There are the beautiful Cape Winelands.
- The coastline all round the country provides spectacular sites and wonderful beaches.
- There are seventeen RAMSAR registered wetlands of international significance, which are not only really beautiful, but contribute hugely to safari and birding holidays.
Luxury train trips
There are several different luxury train journeys across the country to choose from.
The wonderfully friendly and hospitable people of South Africa are always ready to welcome visitors and show off the country of which they are justly proud.
You may be wanting to cross Cape Town, or a Big Five Safari off your bucket list, or to restock your cellar from the wineries; you may want to immerse yourself in the wide open spaces and the cultural history of the country, or you may be thinking of getting married on a wine farm and honeymooning in an exquisite hotel beside a fantastic beach.
Contact us and we will plan the perfect holiday experience in South Africa with you!