Cracking Holidays In Qatar
Not as well known as Dubai, but as opulent and making a sustained effort to catch up, is Doha, the capital of Qatar.
For absolutely extraordinary architecture, magnificent museums and public art, as well as shopping malls, markets, beaches, desert experiences, and short cruises on dhows, Qatar is a great choice.
Whether you are looking to break a long haul flight with a day or two of new and exciting experiences, or whether you are looking for a desert, beach and city break, we can put together a cracking holiday for you in Qatar. With full access to all the best hotels, and attractions, at the best prices, we can make sure that you see all the best sights and we can do flexible bookings that are ABTA and ATOL secured.
For a no-obligation chat about a cracking Qatar holiday, contact us now!
Cracking Holiday Options In Qatar
Whether you are looking at a one day stop over, or whether you are planning a much longer stay, there is plenty to keep you busy in Qatar.
There is a great choice of hotels to stay at, most of them of a very high standard. You can stay
- in the West Bay area, the business heart of the city, with the best access to te corniche (the four and a half mile long seafront promenade), and the city centre shopping mall;
- in the West Bay Lagoon area, which is also close to the heart of the action, but where your hotel is likely to have a private beach as well; or
- outside the city of Doha in a resort, which could be a beach resort on the edge of the desert, or could be a water based resort similar to those in the Maldives.
While you are there, there are plenty of things to see and do:
- The National Museum of Qatar is an absolute must, partly because of its extraordinary building inspired by a mineral chrystallisation called the 'desert rose'.
- The museum of Islamic Art, also in an impressive building, is also a must see for those interested in art.
- The Katara Mosque and cultural village are a fascinating introduction to Qatari culture and there are great art galleries there, showcasing local artists.
- The Souq Waqif, a traditional market offers a wonderful sensual experience and plenty of delicious and beautiful things to buy.
- A ride on a dhow offers extraordinary views of the city skyline, specially in the evening.
- The Al Thakira mangroves in north-eastern Qatar offer the unexpected possibility of a kayaking adventure.
- Khor Al Adaid (Inland Sea), is an impressive UNESCO-listed nature reserve where the sea stretches into the middle of the desert.
- In the desert there are the options of 4x4 jaunts, sand boarding and camel trekking, as well as a barbecue in a Bedouin style camp.
Because of the routes offered by Qatar Airways, Qatar is a great place for a stop over on the way to or from South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, the Saychelles or the Maldives.
Whether you are thinking of a stop over or of taking a few days for a city, desert or beach break, or a full on beach holiday, we can give you completely independent advice, make your flexible bookings, secured by ABTA and ATOL and make sure that your holiday measures up to your hopes and expectations.
Enquire now and we will get straight back to you to start the planning fro your cracking Qatar holiday!